John V. Vardinoyannis: President and CEO
Vasilios Κ. Serafimakis: 1st Vice President
Nikolaos G. Kotsalis: 2nd Vice President
Nikolaos Th. Vardinoyannis: Member
George P. Alexandridis: Member
Ioannis Ν. Kosmadakis: Member
Peter Τ. Tzanetakis: Member
Theofanis Χ. Voutsaras: Member
Tolis D. Vasilakakis: Member
Every AVIN activity and product is firmly focused on displaying respect both for people and the environment.
Aiming to make its products and services available to end consumers with safety and reliability, AVIN has developed and firmly adheres to a set of procedures that compose the company’s "Policy on Hygiene, Safety and Environmental Protection".
In strict compliance to the rules and regulations prescribed by Greek and European legislation, AVIN continuously creates and implements all modern methods in order to achieve maximum safety, prevent accidents and protect the environment.
Thanks to the continuous implementation of the Hygiene, Safety and Environmental Protection Management System, AVIN has become one of the safest companies in its sector.
The company’s commitment to providing environmentally friendly products and services, with respect to people, marks the present and guarantees a safer future.
With a high sense of responsibility and constant commitment to our values and principles, we continue offering products and services always focused on people.
Financial Data are available only in Greek
Published Annual Summary Data and Information (IFRS)
Annual Financial Statements - Chartered Accountant’s Report / Certificate (IFRS)
Report of BOD of Financial Statements (IFRS)
Within the framework of the Driver Training Program of Training of Drivers AVIN fleet drivers receive training on an annual basis concerning:
- Theoretical and practical training in Defensive Driving, during which they are evaluated and classified as LOW, MEDIUM AND HIGH risk drivers. The aim of the aforementioned training program is to bring drivers to the LOW risk zone. If the evaluation shows MEDIUM or HIGH accident risk, the driver is retrained, while non-compliance with the standards set by Avin leads to his removal from the fleet. In order to convey our sensitivity to Transport Safety issues, we would like to note that the above classification of our drivers following their evaluation results from the Company’s philosophy according to which every driver, professional or otherwise, constitutes a low, medium or high risk and can by no means be characterized as "safe". For Avin, an excellent driver is a driver with a LOW accident potential.
- Special training in Anti-skid (operations to avoid vehicle skid) and in Anti-rollover (operations to avoid vehicle rollover), two specialized types of training, take place in specifically designed and controlled areas.
- Training in Fuel chemistry, safe fuel Loading, Transport and Unloading.
Additionally, prior to his integration in Avin’s fleet, every candidate driver is trained and evaluated on the basis of the above techniques and is judged regarding his ability to transport oil products.
Avin signs the European Road Safety Charter
Athens, 11th March 2011.
Avin Oil has signed the European Road Safety Charter for the first time during an event that took place on Thursday, 3 March 2011, at the Greek Ministry of Infrastructure, Transport and Networks, in the presence of the Vice-minister Mr. Spyros Vougias and Mr. Argyris Peroulakis, Head of Communication for the EC Representation in Greece.
The certificate of our commitment
The European Road Safety Charter was created in January 2004. Its members aim at reducing the number of road deaths, marking a new period of commitment for the European Union. Via the program, Charter members apply innovative actions to promote Road Safety messages, exchange ideas and practices in order to improve their effectiveness at European level, and evaluate the results and progress in relation to the initial targets. Within the framework of its continuous and effective efforts for the reduction of road accidents, Avin implements regular training programs and raises awareness among numerous recipients, since it believes that the volume and nature of the transport related to the trading of oil products entail responsibilities for all sector players.
Avin Oil programs included in its commitment to the European Road Safety Charter indicatively include:
- Continuous training program on defensive and safe driving. The program is addressed to tank vehicle drivers and to all company staff that drive while on duty.
- Evaluation of itineraries and selection of the least dangerous.
- Regular evaluations of carriers, using a set of criteria, with an emphasis on their performance in the area of road safety.
- Driver monitoring program to ascertain compliance with the rules.
- Sponsorship of programs to provide information and raise awareness among children.
As noted by the Chief Executive Officer of Avin, Mr. Miltiadis Babilis:
Today, our company joins the family of the Road Safety Charter and commits to working even more systematically and intensively at all levels – administration, employees and partners – for the complete elimination of accidents. Our aim is to bring about an overall change of culture concerning road safety issues, so that all of us adhere to the rules strictly every day. We believe that the Charter represents an excellent network of companies and organization for the exchange of good practices and we intend to play an active role towards the achievement of our shared target.
For more information about the European Charter visit: www.erscharter.eu/el/node
For more information about the participation of AVIN in the European Charter visit: www.erscharter.eu/el/signatories/profile/19948
THE FIRST PRODUCTS LUBRICANTS - Unit 600 at Motor Oil
THE FIRST 4 AVIN STATIONS in ATTICA
The first fuel dealers trust AVIN for the supply of the first stations in the Peloponnese
The commencement of the LOADING STATION AT AG. THEODOROI
MOTOR OIL – ARAMCO Cooperation. One of the largest oil production companies worldwide
Creation of the first AVIN Service Station at MEGARA
Start-up of the Olympic Fuel Company (OFC)
25 YEARS OF AVIN
Foundation of MAKRAION
Creation of the first EGNATIA ODOS Service Station, at PLATANOS
Creation of the LEPTOKARIA Service Station on the ATHENS-THESSALONIKI National Road
AVIN passes 70 owned gas stations
ΑVIN OIL is a subsidiary of MOTOR OIL HELLAS.
MOTOR OIL is a leader in the field of crude oil refining, providing the markets it serves with a wide range of high quality products. The company has become one of the main pillars of the Greek economy, while it also plays a major part in the broader South-eastern Europe area.
MOTOR OIL, the parent company, was founded in 1970 and its refinery began operating in1972. Since 2001 it is listed on the Athens Stock Exchange and is included in the International index FTSE/ATHEX INTERNATIONAL, in the General index ATHEX COMPOSITE INDEX as well as in other branch indexes.
The refinery that constitutes the core of the company’s activities is located in Agioi Theodoroi in Corinth, approx. 70 km from the center of Athens. Together with the auxiliary installations and the installations used for fuel handling, it is the largest private industrial complex in Greece. It is considered one of the most modern refineries in Europe with a 10.4 complexity ranking (Nelson Complexity Index).
It can process various types of crude oil and produce a wide range of oil products, serving the oil marketing companies in Greece and its customers abroad. In addition, it is the only Greek refinery that produces basic lubricants. The products produced in the refinery meet European Union standards which became applicable on 1st January 2009, and the strictest equivalent international standards.